"Want To Stay With Me In My New Home in Las Vegas?"
Halloween Special - 20% Off + Super Deal Gold Online Course Package ($809 value) Free!
Scroll down to read all about the schedule, activities, reviews, and our frequently asked questions.
Las Vegas BJJ Retreat:
December 1 - 7, 2020
Instructor: David Avellan
Co-Founder of FFA, BJJ Black Belt, ADCC World Championships 5xVeteran and 2009 Bronze Medalist, BodogFIGHT of the Night Winner, Creator of the World Famous Kimura Trap System
David Avellan is a world renown martial artist and has been the coach to many stars such as BMF UFC Champion Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal, Bellator Champs Phil Davis and Michael Chandler, OneFC Champion Brandon Vera, IBJJF World Champs Keenan Cornelius & DJ Jackson, and many more. They all have gotten the chance to train one-on-one with David and have made huge leaps on their game as a result.
Now, you will get the chance to do the same! This retreat is 7 days long, with a 3 hour training session each day, plus access to open mats that will have a bunch of great training partners (and maybe a few celebrities as well) for a total of over 18 hours of training. You will go over a TON of techniques from David's arsenal, such as the Guard Passing Made Easy, the Under Hook Series, the Guillotine Choke Series, and of course the Kimura Trap System.
It is friendly for all ages, sizes, and experience levels. Whether you are a new white belt, or a 3rd degree black belt, you WILL learn powerful new details to take your technique to the next level.
What You Are Going To Learn:
- Kimura Mastery - Whether you are a white belt or a black belt - YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING NEW about the Kimura. David has had the honor of training with UFC World Champions, ADCC World Champions, and many BJJ Black belts that were stunned with how much they learned from this seminar.
- Take Down Counters - Wrestlers can be the bane of a BJJ fighters existence. The Kimura Trap System has MANY counters to all forms of shots, back takes, and cage take downs. When you master KTS, you will find no one will want to shoot on you anymore for fear of the Kimura Trap. Add the Switch Series, which is a classic wrestling reversal that can be used in the same situations as Kimuras (especially when you can't make the grip), and the Front Headlock Series - you will have tons of powerful options to counter take downs.
- Submission Hunters - The Kimura Trap System has one inevitable conclusion - submission. Whether it is a Kimura, arm bar, triangle choke, rear naked choke, leg lock, wrist lock, omo plata, or crucifix - you will find a way to get your opponent tapping out. The Back Trap System is another powerful finishing system against the turtle position, along with the Front Headlock Series, giving you many ways of finishing.
- Transition Skills - The Kimura Trap System is a controlled transition, where you know everything that will happen 3-5 steps ahead of your opponent. There are so many ways to start it, that it will give your transition game a whole new level. Likewise, the Back Trap System, Front Headlock Series, and the Switch Series follow simple progressions that you can count on.
- Game Planning - When starting out with the martial arts, it can be hard to know what strategy to execute, or even how to develop such a strategy. David's technique series are fully fleshed out game plans that requires no thinking - just follow the steps to the finish.
- All Ages, Genders, And Body Types - The great thing about the systems being taught is that it is not tailor made for one specific body type. They can work for you whether you are long and tall, short and stocky, flexible or stiff, young or experienced.
Training in the Fight Capital of the World
Every fighter wants to fight in Las Vegas. Getting on a big fight card in Las Vegas is when you have arrived in the fight world. You will get the opportunity to train in famous gyms with the chance to rub elbows with famous fighters.
Besides the top notch training, Las Vegas is an adult Disney World. Gambling is just the tip of the iceberg in a city where anything is possible. Sky diving, flying stunt planes, riding dune buggys, shooting in the desert, zombie survival courses (yes it is a thing here), zip lining, fine dining, shows, and of course out of control parties. There is something for every body.
After all the training, adventures, and parties, you will want a place to relax. Of course there are a ton of great places to stay on the Strip in Las Vegas that you are welcome to stay at.
But this time around, David will also offer the option of staying with him in his home!
Some of the perks of staying at David's home are:
Space is limited to stay with David and it will be booked on a first come, first served basis. We have 3 guest rooms available, and will set up bunk beds in some rooms to accommodate up to 8 guests.
As mentioned before, you are welcome to stay anywhere you like in Las Vegas, staying with David is just a bonus option for those that want to maximize their experience.
"I just finished the seminar with Master Avellan - Incredible! I have been to numerous seminars in the past 7-8 years with Master Chim. I have been to seminars with Marcello Garcia, Jeff Glover, a bunch of them. Not to say they are no good, but this is hands down, the best seminar I have ever been to."
Rock Starr - BJJ Purple Belt
“Amazing seminar! Basically, a game changer. If you are having trouble finishing the kimura, trouble setting up the kimura, or having trouble defending takedowns, this is the system that will improve your game and have you catching kimuras from all different angles, have you defending takedowns, taking people’s back and finishing with a one arm choke.”
Patrick Kelly - BJJ Black Belt Instructor
I just finished the David Avellan seminar – awesome seminar! The Kimura Trap is the new evolution of Jiu Jitsu. It is awesome and I can’t wait to start using it in competition…Jiu Jitsu is always changing – this is definitely the next step. Anybody who is not doing this is going to be back a whole notch so I highly recommend David Avellan’s Kimura Trap. Check it out!”
Jeff Cressman - BJJ Brown Belt Instructor
Early Bird Special Offer:
David Avellan's unique systems of submission grappling have seen him achieve at the highest levels including Bronze at the prestigious ADCC Grappling Competition.
December 1st to 7th, 2020 is your chance to learn the secrets of The Kimura Trap System, The Under Hook Series, The Guillotine Choke Series, and Guard Passing Made Easy - systems that have seen Avellan compete at the elite level for over a decade.
We offer two packages: training only, and lodging and training. Both packages include:
Plus during the Special, you will get the Super Deal Gold package that includes:
Choose you own lodging and stay on the Vegas Strip
Training and Lodging
Stay with David in his home, and enjoy hanging out where all the action is
Frequently Asked Questions:
The registration includes your training with David (5 three hour training sessions), plus access to the weekend open mats (additional 4 hours on the mats). During our activities and training, beverages and snacks will be provided.
If you have chosen to stay in David's home, you will also have 6 nights lodging, transportation to group events, and access to amenities in his home (use of home gym, kitchen, BBQ, TV, wifi, and some bonuses to be announced). You also get access to the mat area 24/7.
What activities can I do?
It's Las Vegas - the question is what can't you do. :)
The lifeblood of Sin City are the casinos, which besides gambling, have all sorts of things you can do. Shopping, fine dining, pool parties, clubbing, shows, movies, zip-lining, roller coasters, and all sorts of tours and sight seeing from wax museums, dolphin encounters, tiger exhibits, and more.
If you are looking for fun off the strip, hiking Red Rock Canyon or Mount Charleston are less than 30 minutes away. You can also go sky diving, blaze your own trail in the desert with dune buggies, have fun shooting all sorts of firearms, or even fly a stunt plane!
Will I be able to workout on my own?
Yes! David has a full gym in his home that you are free to use, and the mats are open all day long.
If you are staying at a hotel, most hotels have their own gyms, pools, and all sorts of amenities.
I'm new to the martial arts. Should I join?
Absolutely! This retreat is friendly for all experience levels. David has taught young children just getting started in the martial arts up to UFC champions. There is something to learn for every one!
How much does it cost?
Attendance for the entire 7 day retreat is $1719 ($1368 with special). That gives you access to 5 three hour training sessions plus 2 two hour open mats. That is a total of 19 hours!
This includes staying with David at his home, transportation to the strip and group events, beverages and snacks and access to amenities at David's home.
With our Special, you will get the Super Deal Gold package as a bonus gift.
Plus, right now you will only need to put in a 50% deposit of $684 to reserve your spot. The remainder will be paid after the 28 days are passed (assuming you did not cancel).
Your flight, meals, transportation outside the covered scenarios, and any activities you take part in are additional charges.
If you only want to do the training only package, which only covers training fees, it is $1139 ($911.20 with special).
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes. If 3-4 students enroll together, you will get 10% off your registration. A group of 5+ will get a 15% discount.
How many spots are available?
We are accepting 14 students to the retreat. We are setting a limit to 10 guests at the house, so remaining students will need to find a nearby hotel, which is not problem, as we are located just 8 minutes down the street from the Strip.
What are the rules for staying at the house?
If you decide to stay with David, there are several rules that need to be followed:
1. With David's girlfriend being a psychiatrist with a specialty on substance abuse, there is no drug use allowed in the house, including marijuana. While drinking alcohol socially is fine, no one should be getting wasted or black out drunk and causing problems.
2. You are free to use the equipment provided in the house, but please respect them and treat them well. Equipment such as the Normatec Compression Sleeves, Massage Chair, rollers, Massage Gun, or other tools that make physical contact should only be used after having taken a shower and being fully clothed.
3. We don't want someone hogging up one tool for themselves, so we will limit use to 30 minutes at a time so that everyone can enjoy them. A sign-in sheet will be provided to log this.
4. The South Wing of the house, where the master bedroom resides, is off limits to guests. Unless you wish to see his bed, there is nothing to see of interest. :)
5. The rest of the house (guest bed rooms, living room, breakfast nook, laundry, garage, kitchen, dining room, and back yard) are all available for you to enjoy. Anything you use please put back where you found it in the same condition.
6. You are not allowed to have friends stay with you in the house that aren't registered guests of the camp. Aka, no calling in escorts or anything crazy like that, lol.
We will have a more detailed list available for registrants, but to summarize, this isn't a party house. If you are choosing to stay with David, it is to maximize your learning experience in the martial arts, pick his brain, and relax.
If you are looking to go crazy in Las Vegas and reenact the Hang Over (which is totally fine), staying at David's house will not work for you. You would be better off staying in a Casino off the strip, and join us for training between festivities.
Can I pay online or by phone?
Of course! You can pay online by using any of the big orange "Register" buttons and putting your info there.
You can also call us at 305-209-2097 to pay by phone. If we don't answer, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call.
What should I wear?
This will be a No Gi (kimono) training retreat, so you can come in any exercise attire you feel comfortable with. We recommend bringing rash guards, board shorts, or spats to training, along with any safety gear such as mouth pieces or knee pads.
Practice proper mat hygiene and make sure you shower, clip your nails, and no shoes on the mat (unless they are wrestling shoes).
While you are in Las Vegas, it will be desert winter, so you want to dress accordingly. Highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's (Fahrenheit). And if you plan on living it up and enjoying the night life, you want some dressy clothes too.
What's NOT included?
Your flights to and from Las Vegas, transportation outside of group events, meals, and any activities you choose to take part in.
If you have chosen the training only package, then transportation and lodging are also not included.
When will I have time for activities?
We do our training sessions on weekdays from 12:00pm to 3:00pm, and on weekends we have 2 sessions: 10am-1pm and 4pm-7pm, leaving you the rest of the day to enjoy Las Vegas.
Some activities might require too much time or conflict with our schedule that may require you to miss a training session.
We are fine with you doing that, but if you didn't want to miss a session, we recommend scheduling them before or after the training days, such as on check in or check out days.
Can I take Private Lessons with David?
Of course! Once you register, we can coordinate with you so you book time with him.
What ages can join the retreat?
This retreat is friendly to all ages, sizes, and genders that are serious about taking their game to the next level. :)
However, minors would have to be accompanied an adult.
What if I can not attend all 7 days or I want to stay longer?
The training is 5 days long, from September 30th to October 4th. You are not required to train in every session. Some people may wish to skip a day to enjoy Las Vegas more. It's your experience, so you can choose how you wish to enjoy it.
If you want to stay longer, that is fine too. :)
What if my partner doesn't train?
No problem! If you are staying with David, there will be an additional charge of $400 to bring a non-training partner along to share a room.
If you are not staying with David, you will be responsible for your own lodging and transportation, you are welcome to bring as many people with you as you want. In that case we are only charging for training, so you are welcome to bring guests to enjoy Las Vegas.
Where should I stay?
The standard package entitles you to stay at David's home, so you won't need to find a place to book.
But you are welcome to stay anywhere you like in case you want the Strip experience (or David's home is booked already). Since you are visiting Las Vegas, the Strip is THE place to be. You will be in the heart of the city where all the action is. There are casino/hotels as low as $34 a night, and can go up to as much as you can imagine, lol, so it depends on your budget.
We recommend staying at Caesar's Palace, which is currently about $175 a night including all taxes and resort fees. It is a beautiful hotel and casino, great location nearby everything, and can offer you the full Vegas experience.
If you are staying on a strip casino/hotel, You won't need a car to go to the pool, hit the casino floors, enjoy fine dining, go to shows, or take part in the party scene.
If you do need to commute, Uber is readily available and a convenient way of getting around.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Credit Card and PayPal. If you need to make another payment arrangement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My question isn't answered here.
Then it probably wasn't frequently asked, and technically you didn't ask a question. lol!
Jokes aside, if you need help just send us an email at email@example.com and we will answer it.
Do you want to have a powerful submission you can count on from every position possible in combat, and be many moves ahead of your opponent in any transition?
Join us in Las Vegas for the ultimate martial arts retreat in the fight capital of the world and become a submission hunter and transition master while having a blast in sin city!